top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Where are you based?
    ENK CAD Designs is based in Karibib, Namibia
  • How do I purchase House Plans?
    Select a plan of your choice; ensure all details and specifications are according to your needs. Contact us if you have any questions regarding the house plan of your choice. Once you have selected a house plan, click on the “Buy Now” button and follow the simple checkout process. In case you want to make a payment by direct bank deposit, kindly send us, the plan ID and a quotation will be prepared you to finalize payment.
  • What Is a Custom Design?
    It is a design produced from your own specification. If you are a custom design client, you will own the design and it will not be resold to another client or be uploaded to our catalog
  • Can you modify a Custom House Plan to my requirements?
    Modifications can be done at an extra cost: All the dimensions (interior & exterior) Roof type & pitch Windows size & location Add garage / remove garage Add or remove interior walls
  • In which format are the House Plans?
    All our Architectural Designs are in digital format: Easy to share with your local Builders. PDF CAD Metric Units PDF is a standard format for many types of documents including drawings which can be printed without loss in quality. The files can be viewed on any computer or smart phone but the files cannot be edited. CAD file is a standard format used by computer design software such as AutoCAD, Revit and Chief Architect. The files can be edited and changes can be made easily to the plans by anyone who knows how to use the software. When you purchase a plan we only include the PDF document. However, the CAD file can be obtained at an extra fee, for your convenience in case you want to make small adjustments on your own.
  • What is included in the architectural drawings?
    Our Architectural Designs include: Detailed Site Plans (Optional, Provision Erf Diagram Provided by Client) Detailed Floor Plans Detailed Exterior Elevations (front, rear, right and left) Building Cross Section Views House Plan Notes and Details Roof Plan – Details about the roof slopes, ridges, valleys Detailed Electrical + Sewer Layouts Building Sections are vertical cuts through the house with floor, ceiling and roof height info. Detailed Floor Plans and Building Sections show also dimensioned locations of walls, doors, windows, beams, purlins, posts.
  • Which Drawings do I need?
    Construction is an expensive undertaking, so it is best to make all necessary planning properly before you start with the building process. Make sure you contact a builder who can assist you in making your decisions or feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We include a fully detailed set of architectural drawings for all our plans. See each individual plan to know the exact drawings and details included.
  • Do I require a Building Permit?
    Most buildings within an urban area require a building permit which requires a full set of printed drawings (architectural, structural, electrical – and sometimes a BOQ. Rural areas usually require a building permit but seldom demand more than a set of architectural drawings. Please contact the local authorities for exact requirements as they vary quite a bit depending on which area you are planning to build in.
  • What Does Rural Land Mean?
    Is a place that is not under any municipal town planning scheme i.e. communal land under a chief, Farms/Plots (If not controlled by any municipal authority)
  • Do Your Prices Include Engineers, Quantity Survivors and Other Required Consultants?"
    No, the price is only for the Architectural design and Services.
  • What Is Municipal Preparation?
    All our pre-designed plans are ready for construction, however, if you are building on municipal land they will be required to be prepared to meet your local municipal requirements. When municipal preparation is selected we will require you to provide us with Zoning Certificate, Sewer Layout, SG Diagram, Municipal Checklist (If available).
  • What documents do I need if I’m building on municipal land?
    Erf Diagram Sewer layout Municipal check list & submission form ( if available) Contour diagram (Surveyor Diagram)
  • What Do I Need To Provide You With When I Purchase The Plan?
    Only Stand Sizes when building in Rural Land. Zoning Certificate, Sewer Layout, SG Diagram, Municipal Checklist (If available) when building in Municipal Land. And Estate Architectural Guidelines in addition to the required documents for municipal when building on Estate Land.
  • Do I Pay For Municipal Preparation If I am Building Outside Namibia?
    Only if you want us to prepare it according to your council requirements or Alternatively, you will be required to purchase the Editable Version (CAD) for your local architect to do the municipal preparations for you. NB. Please check with your country’s by-laws if foreign architects are allowed to prepare plans for council submission.
  • Which Plan Does Not Need Approval?
    The plan does not need any approval if you are building on any land that does not have a town planning scheme.
  • Does Your Plan Include Bill Of Quantities And Building Cost Estimates?
    No, we only provide architectural services, should the client require such services we can recommend service providers.
bottom of page